From printing your artwork on paper to transferring dye on fabrics or ceramics, Dye-sublimation printers are the ones that will provide you the best results that you need. So, here we are with a list of the top 12 best sublimation printers that you can’t afford to miss.
1. Epson EcoTank ET-15000:
If you are fed up with replacing the ink in your printer and want to switch to a better product that will give you the same or even better quality with less ink cost, then this is the product that you will need. This Epson EcoTank is truly an EcoTank of ink, it uses about 90 percent less ink without compromising any quality and also comes with low-cost replacement ink bottles.
- Performance: Talking about performance, this Epson ET 15000 printer uses PrecisionCore Technology to give a powerful performance. It is also the number one best selling in Supertank Printer.
- Quality Prints: It prints with a high-density print chip that generates about 40 million precise dots per second to give you an astonishing print accuracy.
- Economical: What else do you need when you get about 90 percent saving on ink usage? Also, this printer comes with a very low-cost replacement bottle.
- High productivity and navigation: For easy navigation, it has a 2.7 inches color touchscreen. Also, It can print borderless up to 11 x 17 inches with hands-free voice-activated printing.
- Connectivity: You can work easily with this printing machine connecting through Wi-Fi Direct and ethernet. It also works perfectly well with Alexa.
- Easy to change inks to sublimation inks
- It works with almost zero ink wastage.
- It has higher productivity.
- Saves about 90% on ink usage.
- Its one set of replacement ink is equal to 80 standard ink cartridges.
- It might be a bit complex to use initially.
This Epson 15000 printer indeed saves a lot of ink and is highly economical. It also has a great replacement ink cartridge capacity. If you are a starter in the sublimation business, you can start with this printing machine.
2. Epson EcoTank ET-2720:
Another fantastic Epson printer for sublimation printing. If you want to have amazing prints on your t-shirt, mugs, or other sublimation items, you must go with this Epson EcoTank. This Epson ET 2720 printer will give your business a perfect kickstart as it comes with about 2 years of replacement ink bottles and saves you about 90 percent of your printing cost in ink.
- Performance: Loaded with PrecisionCore Technology, when it is used with Genuine Epson inks, this printer gives excellent performance and print.
- Quality Prints: Loaded with PrecisionCore Technology, when it is used with Genuine Epson inks, it gives excellent performance and print.
- Economical: It saves up to 90 percent of the ink replacement cost and also comes with 2 years of replacement ink with the pack. Also, each of its replacement ink is almost equivalent to about 80 standard ink cartridges making it one of the economical sublimations in the market.
- Connectivity: You can have easy wireless access to this printer using its Wi-Fi Direct technology from your iPad, iPhone or Android phone.
- Warranty: To ensure great service and product protection, it comes with a 2-year limited warranty with registration.
- Fast and easy ink remplacement to sublimation inks
- Saves about 90 percent of ink than standard printers.
- Produces vibrant designs on products.
- Easy wireless connection.
- Exclusive EcoFit design for easy filling and replacement of colors.
- It might be a bit complicated to use.
- It can scan one page at a time.
If you want a printer that prints with great quality and saves a lot of your sublimation printing cost, then you must consider buying this fantastic Epson 2720 printer.
3. Epson SureColor F170 Dye-Sublimation Printer:
Epson is a pioneer in producing some of the greatest dye-sublimation printers in the world today. And this printer by Epson is one of the most reliable sublimation printers. If you want to create amazing designs on mugs, mousepads, t-shirts, and other products then this is the product that you must have in your workplace.
- Performance: With its ever-reliable PrecisionCore Technology, this printer is keen to provide you with fantastic results.
- Quality Prints: This Epson F170 printer will give you a maximum print resolution of 1200 x 600 dpi that will make your prints look life-like.
- Economical: You can now save a lot of your print wastage with its Precision Droplet Control quality that will save a lot of ink with great clarity. Also, this printer works with about 80% less power than standard printers.
- Genuine technique: To make perfect color saturation with minimum color wastage with high contrast, this printer features a genuine dye-sublimation ink technology. Also, due to its high-capacity ink bottles, you will not need to replace inks very often.
- Connectivity: You get flexible and reliable connectivity with its USB, integrated wireless network, and Ethernet technology.
- Very economical and low wastage.
- High and effective performance.
- Easy to print.
- High-capacity ink bottles to reduce frequent ink replacements.
- High-quality print colors and contrasts.
- You will need to deal with quite a lot of driver installation before use.
This F170 sublimation printer by Epson is a complete dye-sub print solution for you. It will give you perfect results and great quality right from day one.
4. SAWGRASS VIRTUOSO SG500:
If you want a sublimation printer to come with UHD ink and great customer support post-purchase of the product, you might also want to have a look at this product by SAWGRASS. This Sawgrass sublimation printer’ comes with 2 years of warranty and also with a partner plus support from SAWGRASS. The warranty covers any type of hardware defect excluding any accidental damage and not using the genuine Sawgrass ink to the sublimation printer.
Since SAWGRASS is yet another leading brand in the field of Dye-sublimation printing, it deserves to have its best products listed on our list. If you want guaranteed good service, SAWGRASS is undoubtedly the one-stop solution for your quality need.
- Complete set of Sublijet-HD inks: This sublimation printer comes with a complete set of Sublijet-UHD inks along with 220 sheets of exclusive SUBLIMAX brand sublimation paper.
- Creative Studio Software: The SAWGRASS VIRTUOSO SG500 sublimation printer includes an easy-to-use online designing software along with a stock design library that is developed by Sawgrass.
- Warranty: The company provides you with a 2-year warranty along with a partner plus support from Sawgrass.
- Comes with Sublijet-UHD inks.
- Free creative studio software.
- Free stock design library.
- 2-year warranty plus partner support.
- The inks cannot be used for a cotton t-shirt transfer.
- Not much technical information is available.
5. Epson SureColor F570 Desktop Sublimation Printer:
You can name it Epson’s first-ever desktop sublimation printer. This printer is the machine that you can rely on to complete all your pending bulky orders. It can easily print up to 24 inches and can easily complete all your small and big projects with perfection. If you want a fast, reliable, and powerful Epson F570 wide format sublimation printer, then check out the features that this machine offers.
- Performance: This printer also uses the powerful PrecisionCore technology with great power from its end to complete orders at a greater speed. Also, it is backed by Epson’s world-class support and service.
- Quality Prints: Each print from this printer will have brilliant and bright images with its vibrant ink delivery technology and fantastic contrast and color saturation.
- Economical: It has an astounding MicroTFP printhead that will use ink with precision to lessen wastage and its high-capacity ink bottles will lessen your ink replacement and mess.
- Easy control: For easy control and navigation, this printing machine comes with a large 4.3 inches LCD touchscreen which reduces any chances of miscalculation and simplifies the printing work.
- Connectivity: You also get flexible and reliable connectivity with this printer with its USB, integrated wireless network, and Ethernet technology.
- Powerful performance.
- It can print in a variety of paper sizes from small to wide.
- Easy to control.
- Great contrast and color in the final print.
- Precise printing method.
- It is a bit more expensive than standard printers.
- It is also a heavy product.
If you frequently receive bulky orders with less delivery time, then this is the printer that you must purchase. It however has a high initial price tag but it justifies the amount of work it does.
6. Epson WorkForce WF-7710:
To begin our list of the top 12 best sublimation printers for Beginners, we bring to you this amazing sublimation printer by Epson. The ‘Epson WorkForce WF-7710’ is what you need for effortless working and less consumption of power.
This is a perfect Dye-sublimation printing machine for anyone who wants to start a new business and wants their expenses to be economical and also for people who want to upgrade their business to a new and improved one. This printer will print large scans in minutes with its versatile paper handling capacity.
- Performance: The WorkForce WF-7710 is powered by PrecisionCore that helps in the effortless working of the printer.
- Print-Shop Quality Prints: The WorkForce WF-7710 is a wide-format, all in one printer that produces borderless print-shop-quality prints up to 13″ x 19″ with a high speed.
- Economical: This printer uses up to 80% less power than any standard color laser printer.
- Versatile Paper Handling: With its 250-sheet tray and a rear feed for specialty paper, it ensures added productivity for any office.
- Auto 2-sided Print, Copy, Scan and Fax: It comes with an auto 2-sided print, copy, scan, and fax system along with a 35-page Auto Document Feeder.
- Easy Navigation and Control: For its easy navigation and control, it uses an intuitive 4.3″ color touchscreen.
- Wireless Printing: You can easily print from your iPad, tablets, and smartphone using its wireless printing and networking technology through Wi-Fi Direct, Ethernet, and NFC.
- Yield large scans: This printer can easily scan up to 11″ x 17″ with its 2-sided Auto Document Feeder.
- 80% less power consumption.
- Easy controls with its touchscreen.
- Can print into various fabrics.
- Borderless printing.
- Multifunctional ( Print, Scan, Fax).
- Print heads might get clogged.
- Uses too much ink for high-quality printing.
- Need to replace inks to sublimation inks
7. Epson Workforce WF-7210:
On the third to our list, we bring to you one of the most economical and efficient printing machines by Epson. This Epson sublimation printer can help you with printing a variety of fabrics and its WiFI-Direct and Ethernet connectivity gives you the convenience of printing from any nearby handheld smartphones or other devices.
Epson has become a popular name in the field of Dye-sublimation printing and with its performance and built quality, it is easily the best sublimation printer producing brand on our list.
- Performance: The WorkForce WF-7210 is powered by PrecisionCore for the effortless working of the printer.
- Print-Shop Quality Prints: The WorkForce WF-7210 has print shop quality color and laser-sharp black text with borderless prints up to 13″ x 19″.
- Economical: This printer uses up to 80% less power than the other printers.
- Versatile paper handling: It has dual trays with 500 sheet capacity and a rear feed for specialty papers.
- Easy Navigation and Control: For its easy navigation and control, it uses a 2.2″ LCD screen.
- Wireless Printing: You can easily print from your tablets, iPad, and smartphone using its wireless printing and networking technology through Wi-Fi Direct, Ethernet, and NFC.
- Works effortlessly with hand-held devices.
- 2.2″ LCD screen.
- Dual trays with 500 sheet capacity.
- Borderless printing.
- Need to replace inks to sublimation
- Printing on transparency film is not supported.
- Additional software installation may be required.
8. SAWGRASS VIRTUOSO SG400 Sublimation Printer:
If you want a sublimation printer to come with a one year warranty and great customer support, you might want to have a look at this product by SAWGRASS. This Sawgrass sublimation printer’ comes with a 1-year warranty and also with a partner plus support from SAWGRASS.
For people who want to buy their first Dye-sublimation printer for t-shirts or another business, this is the perfect brand to go for. Also, since they provide a complete set of inks, it becomes easy for the person to adjust to this new printer and its print quality.
- Complete set of Sublijet-HD inks: This SAWGRASS sublimation printer comes with a complete set of Sublijet-HD inks along with 110 sheets of exclusive SUBLIMAX brand sublimation paper.
- Creative Studio Software: The SAWGRASS VIRTUOSO SG400 sublimation printing machine includes an easy to use online designing software along with a stock design library.
- Warranty: The company provides you with a 1-year warranty along with a partner plus support from Sawgrass.
- Comes with Sublijet-HD inks.
- Free creative studio software.
- Free stock design library.
- 1-year warranty plus partner support.
- The inks cannot be used for a cotton t-shirt transfer.
- Not much technical information is available.
9. Canon Selphy CP1300:
Canon is a brand that is well known for making world-class cameras. But apart from this, they also make great sublimation printers. The ‘Canon Selphy CP1300 Wireless Compact Photo Printer’ is one of the best sublimation printers available in the market. If you are looking to buy a product from a brand that can be easily trusted then you must consider this product by Canon.
For those who have issues with the sustainability of products, this is what will suit you. Apart from being water-resistant, this printer by Canon has great built quality and reliability. You can easily rely on this product.
- Water-resistant: The Canon Selphy CP1300 Wireless Compact Photo Printer will not only create high-quality photos but also are even water-resistant.
- Easy connection: You can easily connect your smartphones and tablets through the Canon print app.
- Resolution and operating temperature: The color print can be created up to 256 levels per color resolution with an operating temperature in the range of 5 to 40 degrees Celsius.
- Dye-Sublimation Print Technology.
- Connections: Wi-Fi Direct, AirPrint, Mopria Device Printing, Canon PRINT App, Memory Card Support, USB Flash Memory.
- Easy Navigation and Control: For its easy navigation and control, it uses an intuitive 3.2″ LCD screen.
- Easy to use.
- Easy controls with 3.2″ LCD screen.
- Produces high-quality photo prints that are water-resistant.
- Dye-sublimation printing technology.
- The high cost of exclusive sublimation cartridge.
10. DNP Event Photo:
To end the list, we bring to you this Event Photo printer by DNP. If you are looking for something specifically for photo printing and that too with a good amount of speed, you may want to look at the features of this product.
This product by DNP makes its way to the list due to its high printing speed and also the economical printing cost. This is also the perfect sublimation photo printer especially for the photographers who want a new machine for bulk printing of their photos.
- Prints with Speed: The DNP Event Photo Printer DS-RX1HS prints photos with an increased speed of 20%. And this increased speed allows you to print at a speed of 290 standard prints per hour.
- Economical Printing: This printer prints economically with low investment and fast printing.
- Prints a Variety of Picture Sizes: The DNP Event Photo Printer DS-RX1HS prints in a variety of sizes ranging from 2×6″ to 6×8″.
- Additional Features: It comes with improved operational features and has a high-end capability to produce beautiful color photos.
- Produces high-quality photos.
- Prints economically.
- Prints in a variety of sizes.
- Dye-sublimation thermal transfer method.
- Photo printer only.
- No LCD present.
11. Kodak Dock & Wi-Fi Portable 4×6” Instant Photo Printer:
Are you specifically looking for a printer that prints high-quality photos with just a simple touch? Then you might consider this amazing printer by Kodak.
This is a sublimation photo printer especially for people who love photography and want to take this as their profession. Kodak brings to you just the right product you need to kick-start your new career.
- Print with a Touch: Printing with this printer is as easy as ABC. With its convenient printer dock, you can now print photos directly from your phone (both android and iOS).
- High-Quality Photos: The D2T2 Thermal Transfer Technology will print you fast and high-quality 4” x 6” Photos with great colors that won’t fade.
- Simultaneous Charging: It has a unique dock that supplies fast charge for home, office, etc. It also can be used to power up to two smart devices.
- Apps: You can download the Kodak Photo Printer App for making filters, stickers, etc on android and also you can use AirPrint that is compatible with iOS devices.
- Produces high-quality photos.
- One-touch printing with printer dock.
- Fast charging.
- Less expensive.
- Instant photo printer only.
- Small photo printer.
12. Mitsubishi CP-D90DW:
The ‘Mitsubishi CP-D90DW’ is one of the best sublimation printers on our list and the reason it made it to our list is its speed. This sublimation printer allows you to recreate millions of colors with its color combination with a 256 color gradation.
If you need a sublimation printer for your home use or just for a part-time printing job, you might consider purchasing this product. Also since speed is the most noticeable part of this printer, you might consider using it for your official works too.
- Printing Speed: With the Mitsubishi CP-D90DW, you can easily print with a reasonable speed of 300 dots per inch (dpi).
- Color Gradation: You can now print by recreating more than 16 million colors with its 256 color gradation, the print may not be of the best quality but it will give you sufficient for most of the people out there.
- Wireless connection: The Mitsubishi CP-D90DW comes with a great wireless connection using WIFI. Also, you can use a USB to connect directly to the printer.
- It prints with a faster speed than any sublimation printer.
- Has 256 color gradation.
- Easy setup.
- Wireless connection using Wi-Fi.
- Low printing resolution.
- Not an inkjet printer, you can’t use it to make transfers
Sublimation Printers Buying Guide:
How do you choose the Best Sublimation Printer for your Business?
To choose the best sublimation printer for your business, you must keep in mind that a sublimation printer for business needs to be fast, prints at a high-quality and also the maintenance cost of the printer must be comparatively low. Now, before going to purchase a sublimation printer, you must notice a few points.
1. Check the materials it can print:
Before making your purchase, you must check the materials it prints on and the materials you want to get printed.
2. Check how the printer prints:
Check for the printing method used in printing. Some printers print directly on the surface and some others use the heat transfer method. Check for your need and make your purchase.
3. Know about the cartridge:
The most important thing that you must see is the working of the cartridge and also the cost of the cartridge and the number of pages it can print. Check if the cartridges work in an individual space per color.
Factors to Consider When Choosing the Best Sublimation Printer:
Before choosing the best sublimation printer for yourself, you must have a look at the following points-
1. The highest resolution the printer can print:
Printers with high resolution produce high-quality prints. Before purchasing any sublimation printer check for the highest resolution they offer. The resolution of the print image is measured in dots per inch.
2. Maximum printing layout:
It is generally advisable to check for the maximum printing layout offered by the sublimation printers as the layout size of the material matters with the product you want to produce.
3. Check for available connectivity:
Always look for the connectivity options available with the printer you purchase And you must look for both wired and wireless connectivity. Always look for USB or Wi-Fi Direct connectivity in the printer.
4. Quality of print outs:
Perhaps the most important thing that you must notice before making your purchase is the quality of the print outs the sublimation printer offers. The print outs must be clear with proper layouts matched. And also the prints must not look dull or bleed more colors. Check for the contents to be more clear and professional.
Which is Better. An Epson or a Sawgrass Sublimation Printer?
Sublimation printers are the ones that use heat transfer technology to print designs on a variety of materials such as fabrics like cotton, nylon, etc, ceramics, mugs, etc. Now while talking about Epson or Sawgrass, both of them are renowned brands in the field of making sublimation printers but they also have their areas of expertise. So, it depends on the type of need, which is better for you.
An Epson sublimation printer is cheaper and is capable of doing various types of tasks, so if your work is multi-dimensional, you might prefer an Epson sublimation printer. While a Sawgrass printer is quite expensive and focuses mainly on sublimation printing only, so if you are starting a specific printing business or works of such kind, you might prefer a Sawgrass sublimation printer.
What printers can you use for sublimation printing?
Sublimation printing might look like ordinary printing on a piece of paper but it is a lot more different than that. You need special printers for sublimation printing, printers that are suitable and capable of dye sublimation. In the market, you will get a variety of printing machines with dye sublimation written to their description but you must go with the genuine and authentic sublimation printer. Hence, choose from renowned brands like Epson or Sawgrass to make sure that you get the best quality print.
Can any printer do sublimation printing?
sublimation printing needs a sublimation printer to execute quality prints. However, you will also need to use sublimation inks and sublimation papers to get your print transferred onto your t-shirt or other items. Hence, an ordinary printer can’t do sublimation printing.
What are the things that you can make using a sublimation printer?
Using a sublimation printer, you can make prints for sublimation products. And for the products, you can print on mugs, drinkware, t-shirt, bags, ornaments, and a lot more items.
Is sublimation printing better than screen printing?
Both the techniques have their respective pros and cons. But if you take certain aspects like vibrant final prints and work on a variety of products, the dye sublimation technique is better as it can produce vibrant designs on a variety of objects. Dye sublimation works amazingly on white and light color objects but is not perfectly visible on dark-colored objects. And screen printing can be used in almost every material and color.
What is the printing cost of a sublimation mug?
Well, the cost depends on various factors like the amount of color used in designing the mug and the cost of the color cartridge. However, in general, a sublimation mug with a cost of $25 to $30 will cost about $1 to $15 to produce.
Can sublimation be done on cotton?
Currently, sublimation on cotton fabric is possible however it is recommended to use a polyester material. As in cotton fabric, the ink does not get embedded into the fabric but falls as a layer on top of it and hence it gives horrible results. But on a polyester fabric, the sublimation ink gets embedded into the fabric and hence it becomes permanent.
All the information we provided you in this article is based on our in-depth analysis of numerous sublimation printers and you can easily rely on this list. If you want to start a new business or want to explore your skills in printing artwork on your clothes or other products, you must consider purchasing a sublimation printer and before that, you must go through the details of their features. All the products here are purchased and liked by millions of people. So, happy shopping!!!