From printing your artwork on paper to transferring dye on fabrics or ceramics, Dye-sublimation printers are the ones that will provide you the best results that you need. So, here we are with a list of the top 12 best sublimation printers for beginners that you can’t afford to miss.
1. Epson EcoTank ET-15000:
If you are fed up with replacing the ink in your printer and want to switch to a better product that will give you the same or even better quality with less ink cost, then this is the product that you will need. This Epson EcoTank is truly an EcoTank of ink, it uses about 90 percent less ink without compromising any quality and also comes with low-cost replacement ink bottles.
- Performance: Talking about performance, this Epson ET 15000 printer uses PrecisionCore Technology to give a powerful performance. It is also the number one best selling in Supertank Printer.
- Quality Prints: It prints with a high-density print chip that generates about 40 million precise dots per second to give you an astonishing print accuracy.
- Economical: What else do you need when you get about 90 percent saving on ink usage? Also, this printer comes with a very low-cost replacement bottle.
- High productivity and navigation: For easy navigation, it has a 2.7 inches color touchscreen. Also, It can print borderless up to 11 x 17 inches with hands-free voice-activated printing.
- Connectivity: You can work easily with this printing machine connecting through Wi-Fi Direct and ethernet. It also works perfectly well with Alexa.
- Easy to change inks to sublimation inks
- It works with almost zero ink wastage.
- It has higher productivity.
- Saves about 90% on ink usage.
- Its one set of replacement ink is equal to 80 standard ink cartridges.
- It might be a bit complex to use initially.
This Epson 15000 one of the best wide format 13×19 sublimation printers. It indeed saves a lot of ink and is highly economical. It also has a great replacement ink cartridge capacity. If you are a starter in the Dye-sublimation business, you can start with this printing machine.
2. Epson EcoTank ET-2720:
Another fantastic Epson printer for sublimation printing. If you want to have amazing prints on your t-shirt, mugs, or other Dyesublimation items, you must go with this Epson EcoTank. This Epson ET 2720 printer will give your business a perfect kickstart as it comes with about 2 years of replacement ink bottles and saves you about 90 percent of your printing cost in ink.
- Performance: Loaded with PrecisionCore Technology, when it is used with Genuine Epson inks, this printer gives excellent performance and print.
- Quality Prints: Loaded with PrecisionCore Technology, when it is used with Genuine Epson inks, it gives excellent performance and print.
- Economical: It saves up to 90 percent of the ink replacement cost and also comes with 2 years of replacement ink with the pack. Also, each of its replacement ink is almost equivalent to about 80 standard ink cartridges making it one of the economical sublimations in the market.
- Connectivity: You can have easy wireless access to this printer using its Wi-Fi Direct technology from your iPad, iPhone or Android phone.
- Warranty: To ensure great service and product protection, it comes with a 2-year limited warranty with registration.
- Fast and easy ink remplacement to sublimation inks
- Saves about 90 percent of ink than standard printers.
- Produces vibrant designs on products.
- Easy wireless connection.
- Exclusive EcoFit design for easy filling and replacement of colors.
- It might be a bit complicated to use.
- It can scan one page at a time.
The Epson Ecotank 2720 is the cheapest sublimation printer on this list. If you want a printer that prints with great quality and saves a lot of your sublimation printing cost, then you must consider buying this fantastic Epson 2720 printer.
3. Epson EcoTank Photo ET-8550:
Epson EcoTank Photo ET-8550 printer offers cartridge-free printing for lab-quality photos and graphics at an amazing value. With affordable in-house photo printing, you can save up to 80% on your printing costs. Plus, each included and replacement ink bottle set prints up to 2 years! The EcoTank Photo ET-8550 also features a zero-cartridge waste design, as well as an intuitive touch display and wireless connectivity.
- Cartridge-free Printing: Get lab-quality photos and graphics, at an amazing value, with affordable in-house photo printing.
- Zero-Cartridge Waste Design: The EcoTank Photo ET-8550 large format sublimation printer features a zero-cartridge waste design for easy, mess-free refills.
- Ink Bottle Set: Print up to 2 years with an included ink bottle set.
- Intuitive Touch Display & Wireless Connectivity: The Epson EcoTank Photo ET-8550 offers wireless technology and an intuitive touch display for simple use.
- Value: Save up to 80% on your printing costs with the EcoTank Photo ET-8550.
- Prints lab-quality photos and graphics at an amazing value.
- Save up to 80% on your printing costs.
- Make memories last with beautiful prints for years to come.
- Create more of the art you love without breaking the bank.
- Comparatively expensive
So, if you’re looking for an affordable way to print high-quality photos and graphics, the Epson EcoTank Photo ET-8550 is a great option and one of the best printers for sublimation printing. With cartridge-free printing and a zero-cartridge waste design, this printer is easy to use and helps you save money on your printing costs. Plus, with its intuitive touch display and wireless.
4. Epson SureColor F170 Dye-Sublimation Printer:
Epson is a pioneer in producing some of the good dye-sublimation printers in the world today. And this printer by Epson is one of the most affordable sublimation printers. If you want to create amazing designs on mugs, mousepads, t-shirts, and other products then this is the product that you must have in your workplace.
- Performance: With its ever-reliable PrecisionCore Technology, this printer is keen to provide you with fantastic results.
- Quality Prints: This Epson F170 sub printer will give you a maximum print resolution of 1200 x 600 dpi that will make your prints look life-like.
- Economical: You can now save a lot of your print wastage with its Precision Droplet Control quality that will save a lot of ink with great clarity. Also, this printer works with about 80% less power than standard printers.
- Genuine technique: To make perfect color saturation with minimum color wastage with high contrast, this printer features a genuine dye-sublimation ink technology. Also, due to its high-capacity ink bottles, you will not need to replace inks very often.
- Connectivity: You get flexible and reliable connectivity with its USB, integrated wireless network, and Ethernet technology.
- Very economical and low wastage.
- High and effective performance.
- Easy to print.
- High-capacity ink bottles to reduce frequent ink replacements.
- High-quality print colors and contrasts.
- You will need to deal with quite a lot of driver installation before use.
I think the Epson F170 is the best sublimation printer for beginners on the list. It’s a complete dye-sub print solution for you. It will give you perfect results and great quality right from day one. You can use sublimation printer for cricut, tumblers, t-shirts, Clothing, mugs and phone cases printing.
5. SAWGRASS VIRTUOSO SG500:
If you want a sublimation printer to come with UHD ink and great customer support post-purchase of the product, you might also want to have a look at this product by SAWGRASS. This Sawgrass printer for sublimation comes with 2 years of warranty and also with a partner plus support from SAWGRASS. The warranty covers any type of hardware defect excluding any accidental damage and not using the genuine Sawgrass ink to the sublimation printer.
Since SAWGRASS is yet another leading brand in the field of Dyesublimation printing, it deserves to have its best products listed on our list. If you want guaranteed good service, SAWGRASS is undoubtedly the one-stop solution for your quality need.
- Complete set of Sublijet-HD inks: This cheap sublimation printer comes with a complete set of Sublijet-UHD inks along with 220 sheets of exclusive SUBLIMAX brand sublimation paper.
- Creative Studio Software: The SAWGRASS VIRTUOSO SG500 sublimation printer includes an easy-to-use online designing software along with a stock design library that is developed by Sawgrass.
- Warranty: The company provides you with a 2-year warranty along with a partner plus support from Sawgrass.
- Comes with Sublijet-UHD inks.
- Free creative studio software.
- Free stock design library.
- 2-year warranty plus partner support.
- The inks cannot be used for a cotton t-shirt transfer.
- Not much technical information is available.
6. Epson SureColor F570 Desktop Sublimation Printer:
You can name it Epson’s first-ever desktop sublimation printer. This printer is the machine that you can rely on to complete all your pending bulky orders. It can easily print up to 24 inches and can easily complete all your small and big projects with perfection. If you want a fast, reliable, and powerful Epson F570 wide format sublimation printer, then check out the features that this machine offers.
- Performance: This printer also uses the powerful PrecisionCore technology with great power from its end to complete orders at a greater speed. Also, it is backed by Epson’s world-class support and service.
- Quality Prints: Each print from this printer will have brilliant and bright images with its vibrant ink delivery technology and fantastic contrast and color saturation.
- Economical: It has an astounding MicroTFP printhead that will use ink with precision to lessen wastage and its high-capacity ink bottles will lessen your ink replacement and mess.
- Easy control: For easy control and navigation, this printing machine comes with a large 4.3 inches LCD touchscreen which reduces any chances of miscalculation and simplifies the printing work.
- Connectivity: You also get flexible and reliable connectivity with this printer with its USB, integrated wireless network, and Ethernet technology.
- Powerful performance.
- It can print in a variety of paper sizes from small to wide.
- Easy to control.
- Great contrast and color in the final print.
- Precise printing method.
- It is a bit more expensive than standard printers.
- It is also a heavy product.
If you are new in the dye-sublimation printing business. The Epson F570 is the best sublimation printer for t-shirts on the market today. If you frequently receive bulky orders with less delivery time, then this is the printer that you must purchase. It however has a high initial price tag but it justifies the amount of work it does.
7. Epson ET 4760:
This high-performance printer is fast, affordable, and easy to use, with premium productivity features like cartridge-free printing and dramatic savings on replacement ink. Plus, it comes with a built-in scanner and copier for added convenience. Best of all, it’s designed for reliability, so you can count on it to keep your business running smoothly.
- Trouble-free Printing: Get the most out of your printer with easy-to-use features like cartridge-free printing and simple USB connectivity
- Dramatic Savings: Save up to 70% on replacement ink with Epson’s innovative ultra-high-capacity ink cartridges
- Reliable Performance: Count on this printer to deliver dependable performance, day in and day out
- Scanner and Copier: Save time and space with a built-in scanner and copier
- Save money on ink with inexpensive replacement bottles.
- Print beautiful photos and creative projects at home.
- Get the perfect gift for your loved ones this holiday season.
- Have a blast printing out all of your memories!
- Wireless connectivity needs improvements.
Epson Et 4760 is perfect for any business. With its high performance and easy-to-use features, it is sure to keep your business running smoothly. Plus, with the dramatic savings on replacement ink, you can’t go wrong.
8. Epson WorkForce WF-7710:
In our list of the best sublimation printers for Beginners, we bring to you this amazing sublimation printer by Epson. The ‘Epson WorkForce WF-7710’ is what you need for effortless working and less consumption of power.
This is a perfect Dye-sublimation printing machine for anyone who wants to start a new business and wants their expenses to be economical and also for people who want to upgrade their business to a new and improved one. This one of the best sublimation printers for heat transfer will print large scans in minutes with its versatile paper handling capacity.
- Performance: The WorkForce WF-7710 is an A3 printer for sublimation powered by PrecisionCore that helps in the effortless working of the printer.
- Print-Shop Quality Prints: The WorkForce WF-7710 is a wide-format, all in one printer that produces borderless print-shop-quality prints up to 13″ x 19″ with a high speed.
- Economical: This printer uses up to 80% less power than any standard color laser printer.
- Versatile Paper Handling: With its 250-sheet tray and a rear feed for specialty paper, it ensures added productivity for any office.
- Auto 2-sided Print, Copy, Scan and Fax: It comes with an auto 2-sided print, copy, scan, and fax system along with a 35-page Auto Document Feeder.
- Easy Navigation and Control: For its easy navigation and control, it uses an intuitive 4.3″ color touchscreen.
- Wireless Printing: You can easily print from your iPad, tablets, and smartphone using its wireless printing and networking technology through Wi-Fi Direct, Ethernet, and NFC.
- Yield large scans: This printer can easily scan up to 11″ x 17″ with its 2-sided Auto Document Feeder.
- 80% less power consumption.
- Easy controls with its touchscreen.
- Can print into various fabrics.
- Borderless printing.
- Multifunctional ( Print, Scan, Fax).
- Print heads might get clogged.
- Uses too much ink for high-quality printing.
- Need to replace inks to sublimation inks
9. Epson Workforce WF-7210:
On the third to our list, we bring to you one of the most economical and efficient printing machines by Epson. This Epson sublimation printer can help you with printing a variety of fabrics and its WiFI-Direct and Ethernet connectivity gives you the convenience of printing from any nearby handheld smartphones or other devices.
Epson has become a popular name in the field of Dye-sublimation printing and with its performance and built quality, it is easily the best printer for sublimation producing brand on our list.
- Performance: The WorkForce WF-7210 is powered by PrecisionCore for the effortless working of the printer.
- Print-Shop Quality Prints: The WorkForce WF-7210 has print shop quality color and laser-sharp black text with borderless prints up to 13″ x 19″.
- Economical: This printer uses up to 80% less power than the other printers.
- Versatile paper handling: It has dual trays with 500 sheet capacity and a rear feed for specialty papers.
- Easy Navigation and Control: For its easy navigation and control, it uses a 2.2″ LCD screen.
- Wireless Printing: You can easily print from your tablets, iPad, and smartphone using its wireless printing and networking technology through Wi-Fi Direct, Ethernet, and NFC.
- Works effortlessly with hand-held devices.
- 2.2″ LCD screen.
- Dual trays with 500 sheet capacity.
- Borderless printing.
- Need to replace inks to sublimation
- Printing on transparency film is not supported.
- Additional software installation may be required.
10. SAWGRASS VIRTUOSO SG400 Sublimation Printer:
If you want a sublimation printer to come with a one year warranty and great customer support, you might want to have a look at this product by SAWGRASS. This Sawgrass sublimation printer’ comes with a 1-year warranty and also with a partner plus support from SAWGRASS.
For people who want to buy their first Dye-sublimation printer for t-shirts or another business, this is the perfect brand to go for. Also, since they provide a complete set of inks, it becomes easy for the person to adjust to this new printer and its print quality.
- Complete set of Sublijet-HD inks: This SAWGRASS sublimation printer comes with a complete set of Sublijet-HD inks along with 110 sheets of exclusive SUBLIMAX brand sublimation paper.
- Creative Studio Software: The SAWGRASS VIRTUOSO SG400 sublimation printing machine includes an easy to use online designing software along with a stock design library.
- Warranty: The company provides you with a 1-year warranty along with a partner plus support from Sawgrass.
- Comes with Sublijet-HD inks.
- Free creative studio software.
- Free stock design library.
- 1-year warranty plus partner support.
- The inks cannot be used for a cotton t-shirt transfer.
- Not much technical information is available.
11. Canon Selphy CP1300:
Canon is a brand that is well known for making world-class cameras. But apart from this, they also make great sublimation printers. The ‘Canon Selphy CP1300 Wireless Compact Photo Printer’ is one of the best sublimation printers available in the market. If you are looking to buy a product from a brand that can be easily trusted then you must consider this product by Canon.
For those who have issues with the sustainability of products, this is what will suit you. Apart from being water-resistant, this printer by Canon has great built quality and reliability. You can easily rely on this product.
- Water-resistant: The Canon Selphy CP1300 Wireless Compact Photo Printer will not only create high-quality photos but also are even water-resistant.
- Easy connection: You can easily connect your smartphones and tablets through the Canon print app.
- Resolution and operating temperature: The color print can be created up to 256 levels per color resolution with an operating temperature in the range of 5 to 40 degrees Celsius.
- Dye-Sublimation Print Technology.
- Connections: Wi-Fi Direct, AirPrint, Mopria Device Printing, Canon PRINT App, Memory Card Support, USB Flash Memory.
- Easy Navigation and Control: For its easy navigation and control, it uses an intuitive 3.2″ LCD screen.
- Easy to use.
- Easy controls with 3.2″ LCD screen.
- Produces high-quality photo prints that are water-resistant.
- Dye-sublimation printing technology.
- The high cost of exclusive sublimation cartridge.
12. Kodak Dock & Wi-Fi Portable 4×6” Instant Photo Printer:
Are you specifically looking for a printer that prints high-quality photos with just a simple touch? Then you might consider this amazing printer by Kodak.
The Kodak Dock 4×6 photo printers especially for people who love photography and want to take this as their profession. Kodak brings to you just the right product you need to kick-start your new career.
- Print with a Touch: Printing with this printer is as easy as ABC. With its convenient printer dock, you can now print photos directly from your phone (both android and iOS).
- High-Quality Photos: The D2T2 Thermal Transfer Technology will print you fast and high-quality 4” x 6” Photos with great colors that won’t fade.
- Simultaneous Charging: It has a unique dock that supplies fast charge for home, office, etc. It also can be used to power up to two smart devices.
- Apps: You can download the Kodak Photo Printer App for making filters, stickers, etc on android and also you can use AirPrint that is compatible with iOS devices.
- Produces high-quality photos.
- One-touch printing with printer dock.
- Fast charging.
- Less expensive.
- Instant photo printer only.
- Small photo printer.
Sublimation Printers Buying Guide:
How do you choose the Best Sublimation Printer for beginners and small Businesses?
To choose the best sublimation printer for your business, you must keep in mind that a sublimation printer for business needs to be fast, prints at a high-quality and also the maintenance cost of the printer must be comparatively low. Now, before going to purchase a sublimation printer, you must notice a few points.
1. Check the materials it can print:
Before making your purchase, you must check the materials it prints on and the materials you want to get printed.
2. Check how the printer prints:
Check for the printing method used in printing. Some printers print directly on the surface and some others use the heat transfer method. Check for your need and make your purchase.
3. Know about the cartridge:
The most important thing that you must see is the working of the cartridge and also the cost of the cartridge and the number of pages it can print. Check if the cartridges work in an individual space per color.
Factors to Consider When Choosing the Best Sublimation Printer:
Before choosing the best sublimation printer for yourself, you must have a look at the following points-
1. The highest resolution the printer can print:
Printers with high resolution produce high-quality prints. Before purchasing any sublimation printer check for the highest resolution they offer. The resolution of the print image is measured in dots per inch.
2. Maximum printing layout:
It is generally advisable to check for the maximum printing layout offered by the sublimation printers as the layout size of the material matters with the product you want to produce.
3. Check for available connectivity:
Always look for the connectivity options available with the printer you purchase And you must look for both wired and wireless connectivity. Always look for USB or Wi-Fi Direct connectivity in the printer.
4. Quality of print outs:
Perhaps the most important thing that you must notice before making your purchase is the quality of the print outs the sublimation printer offers. The print outs must be clear with proper layouts matched. And also the prints must not look dull or bleed more colors. Check for the contents to be more clear and professional.
Which is Better. An Epson or a Sawgrass Sublimation Printer?
Sublimation printers are the ones that use heat transfer technology to print designs on a variety of materials such as fabrics like cotton, nylon, etc, ceramics, mugs, etc. Now while talking about Epson or Sawgrass, both of them are renowned brands in the field of making sublimation printers but they also have their areas of expertise. So, it depends on the type of need, which is better for you.
An Epson sublimation printer is cheaper and is capable of doing various types of tasks, so if your work is multi-dimensional, you might prefer an Epson sublimation printer. While a Sawgrass printer is quite expensive and focuses mainly on sublimation printing only, so if you are starting a specific printing business or works of such kind, you might prefer a Sawgrass sublimation printer.
A sublimation printer is a device that uses heat to transfer the ink from a ribbon onto a substrate, such as cardboard or fabric. This type of printing machine can be used for printing Tshirts, Mugs, images, and gradients onto materials. The high level of accuracy in which this printer works makes it ideal for all types of design work.
You need special printers for sublimation printing, printers that are suitable and capable of dye sublimation. In the market, There are a few printers that can be used for sublimation. The most popular printers for this are the Epson SureColor, Ecotank Series, and the Sawgrass series.
No, not all printers can do sublimation printing. In order to do sublimation printing, the printer must be able to heat the ink to a high temperature so that it will turn into a gas and be absorbed by the fabric. Not all printers can reach this high of a temperature.
Using a sublimation printer, you can make prints for blank products, you can print on mugs, tumblers, t-shirt, bags, ornaments, and a lot more items.
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the best printer for sublimation and heat transfer will vary depending on the specific needs of the user. Some factors that might be important considerations include the type of substrate material being used, the size and complexity of the design, and the level of detail required.
Well, the cost depends on various factors like the amount of color used in designing the mug and the cost of the color cartridge. However, in general, a mug printing with a cost of $25 to $30 will cost about $1 to $15 to produce.
To print with sublimation, you’ll need a special printer that can handle heat transfers like Epson F570, or the Sawgrass printers. Many inkjet printers from Epson can do this, but you’ll want to check the specs to be sure.
There are many brands of sublimation printers on the market, but which one is the cheapest? I think the best cheapest sublimation printer is The Epson Ecotank ET 2720.
The Epson ET-2720 is a great printing machine for those on a budget. It has a low price tag and produces high-quality prints. It is also easy to use, making it a great option for those who are new to sublimation printing.
The wide-format sublimation printers are designed to print onto different materials. I think the best one is The Epson Surecolor F570 or Epson ET15000 printing up to 13″ x 19″ inches.
Epson Ecotank printers like: Epson ET2720, ET2760, ET15000, and ET8550 are one of the best printers to convert to Dye-sublimation. They offer a very high resolution and produce prints that look like the original. The color is also very vibrant and clear, making it look like an original painting.
Epson Ecotank printers are capable of producing print quality that is comparable to the original work. Their use of large ink tanks provides a reliable supply for continuous printing and they provide a higher level of environmental sustainability.
A sublimation printer is a type of printer that uses heat to transfer dye onto a substrate, usually a piece of fabric. The best sublimation printer for T-shirts is one that is reliable and produces high-quality prints. These are my top 5 picks:
1. Sawgrass SG1000.
2. Epson Surecolor F570.
3. Sawgrass SG800.
4. Epson F170.
5. Epson Ecotank ET 1500.
All the information we provided you in this article is based on our in-depth analysis of numerous sublimation printers for beginners and small business and you can easily rely on this list. If you want to start a new business or want to explore your skills in printing artwork on your clothes or other products, you must consider purchasing a sublimation printer and before that, you must go through the details of their features. All the products here are purchased and liked by millions of people. So, happy shopping!!!