Sublimation printing is a perfect way to express your style and creativity and also get paid for the tasks. It is one of the fastest-growing hobbies that you can turn into a business model everywhere. If sublimation is your thing, then you will want to consider the Epson Ecotank 4700 for your sublimation printing tasks. It is a reliable and affordable printer that is easily and uniquely configured for sublimation printing. Let’s dive deeper into the Epson ET 4700 for sublimation printing.
Epson 4700 for sublimation:
The Epson Ecotank-4700 is a printer model that is focused on professional tasks, which is reflected from the first glance. This model has dimensions of 375 x 347 x 237 mm and weighs 5 kg making it a vigorous printer. This Epson printer for sublimation is available in black and highlights on the front side where a 3.7-inch LCD screen occupies the center stage to access all the information needed about printing and the possible errors that can occur during the processes.
The loading of the cartridges is done at the front, which is something you will find is friendly and comfortable. However, the loading of the papers is at the back which might not be the best option compared to other models. Overall, the Epson 4700 is a beautiful, sleek, and, elegant printer that gives you a professional image in your office and one worth considering for sublimation printing.
- The Epson 4700 for sublimation is a 4-in-1 printer. It allows you to copy, print, scan, and fax in all colors or black and white, depending on your preferences at the time. The printer has a loading capacity of 100 sheets, although the output capacity is 30 sheets. This simply means that after every 30 pages, you have to empty the tray to prevent the papers from getting stuck.
- The ET-4700 prints double-sided which is very useful. However, it does not scan or copy double-sided. Its print speed is 15 ppm for color documents or 33ppm for black and white documents. Additionally, this printer allows the tray to be configured or rather adapted for formats of up to A4. It has a resolution of 5760 x 1440 DPI.
- For the scan data, the Epson Ecotank-4700 reaches a resolution of 1200 x 2400 DPI. If you plan on sending faxes, this machine boasts a transmission speed of 3 sec/page with an automatic redial. Moreover, the printer features a USB port and an ethernet port, but the good thing is that it is WiFi-enabled, allowing you to connect directly from your tablet or mobile phone.
- If you want a printer for sublimation printing, the issue of ink is a major factor to consider. This inkjet printer boasts a large capacity ink tank, thus no need to use cartridges. With each pack of ink, you can print about 7,700 pages in color and 4,500 pages in black.
- Multipurpose printer
- Easy to convert to sublimation
- Great value for money
- Good print quality
- Excellent mobile connectivity
- No external storage
Why is the Epson 4700 good for sublimation?
The Epson 4700 is affordable, reliable, and easy to configure for sublimation printing. Unlike the conventional printers, this model does not use ink cartridges, but a refillable ink tank. This makes it ideal for sublimation printing. The best printer for sublimation printing offers crisp and clear images every time. It works perfectly with sublimation papers including envelopes, banners, glossy photo papers, vinyl ceramic and more. The Epson 4700 is not an exception and works well making it ideal for sublimation.
How to convert Epson 4700 to sublimation:
For a brand new Epson 4700 printer, it is easy to convert to sublimation. Since this is a new printer, just start the printer for the first time with your sublimation ink. Inject your sublimation ink directly into the tank with the syringes provided.
For a used printer, below are the steps to follow:
• First, confirm that your printhead is working perfectly. Do not convert a printer that is not working or rather printing correctly.
• Unplug the printer and remove the paper trays
• Flipp the printer over and open the tanks to drain out all the ink.
• Repeat the process until all the ink has been drained
• Inject your sublimation ink suing syringes
• Turn on the printer and run a power cleaning.
• Your printer is now ready for sublimation printing.
Epson 4700 vs 4800 for Sublimation:
The Epson Ecotank-4800 is typically the updated version of the Ecotank-4700. Both printers are very similar and identical, but the Epson 4800 has higher page yields. It also prints nicer-looking photos. However, none of these can print double-sided sheets automatically.
The Epson ET 4700 is a great printer choice for sublimation printing. With great features, it delivers great results. However, the Epson 4800 is superior. Thanks for reading!